Moms Traveling with Children


Have you ever dreamt of a ROAD TRIP with your children? Did the 'dream' in your mind go something like this?

We will go camping, and as we work together to put up the tent, Tommy might say, 'Mom when we are done here can I cook some chili on the propane stove we brought?'  Of course you agree.

Sindy and Sonja are only four but they are so cute making a hammock of twigs and vines near your camp site. You are so proud of your mom skills you just could PINCH yourself at a job well done.



You may want to PINCH yourself, because this is a dream.  I have lived in dream land before, and in reality. Living in the moment is WAY better, plus healthier.

Ladies!, we are Warriors not DREAMERS! 
I hope being a warrior is your daily life and becomes your truth in each event. WE teach our children to be respectful, kind, courteous, hard working. I am a mom of five children and  my children now are wonderful, I can share a few stories of our vacations - that were not Quite wonderful. Oh did I tell you, I have 'earned' worst mom of the year award, but we all survived.

1. Lake Mead, NV taking five children and all the items you need for a week vacation on a house boat. I drove my Saturn a 4 door 5 seater car with the children piled in and all those items for a week of adventure... my surly teen didn't want to go and so we had an argument before we left, a VERY long argument. We ended up at Lake Mead in the dark AFTER we had gotten lost in Las Vegas and I was beat tired at the end of the day.

I don't remember where we slept that night, but it was rainy, stormy and not real restful. 

The next day we got our boat, had some instructions given to me and we were off. Now, my son hadn't wanted to come, so he didn't pack much and when it got so cold and windy he was shaking, a real wake up for him and his mood. He did live tho, and is a fabulous story teller to this day.

We did have some fun. I remember the lake, the days out on the water, swimming. Maybe I did a little better than juggling a pack of raccoons!

I have photos of that time, and yet no one has many memories of the boat trip. One son was concerned we would perish in the storm and was almost crying from fear, he still does not like boat trips very well.  Some memories are better blocked out, I guess.

I remember some people saying, "You've never done this before?"

Well, what can I say? It was an attempt at fun, adventure and family time. My young mom memories had a tinge of pain for a time, but after many years, I remembered the good of the trip and I was proud to say that I "Piloted a boat with five children on board, and no one died or was harmed". 


I must say, when you have a heart of adventure, it all seems to work out!

Keep on trying, it gets better!  We do walk by faith!


Comments

Popular Posts