Who are you afraid of? What are you afraid of?

I was on a drive today, for my weekend 'away' and for the first time in my life, I drove up to Mt. Baldy, CA. 

I have never been there, as far as I remember and it was a beautifully clear afternoon up on the hill. 

Mt. Baldy. October 2019

It's so far, yet so close to civilization, I find it surprising to be in such a cool beautiful place only 10 minutes from houses/ mansions. 

I stopped to rest and after a while, a car pulled in and I could hear a terrible racket from under the car. He pulled up behind my SUV and got out to see what it was. I got out of my car too because I thought it was a woman who might not be able to bend down to look, and I can. 

It was a man, and I wasn't needed but chatted to be sociable. He bent down and pushed the plastic piece back in place on the leading edge of the car. I can't even tell you how cheaply made this car was. I didn't notice the 'maker' but it was not quality. 

We chatted a bit and he shared he was in Vietnam and shared some photos of that time, I was proud of him and thanked him for his time over there protecting us here. 

I have met wonderful giving, friendly people in all my travels. 

I have met ONE person who was not friendly and she may have had a terrible morning. I don't know. Yet, In over 10K miles, I have met ONE person who was unfriendly. 

Do you think that is an accident, or possibly how most people are? Friendly.  If you are not around friendly people you may need to move, or make sure YOU are smiling. Smiles are contagious. 

I remember Mike from M&M Carpets said to his secretary, "You meet that lady, she looks mad!" and then I walked in the front door. They told me that discussion, because I was a friend and they were surprised I had an angry look. 

I told them, I was facing the sunrise and I had a to 'squint' to see the door. They just said, 'Ya right'.  I really have tried to change my expression tho. I do 'furl my brow' when I am thinking, or pondering, or not being aware of my countenance. 

I think my 'resting face' is possibly angry looking and I am trying to learn to lift my brow and be aware of my face. It's a small gesture, but If it makes the world a better place, I can do that!

So, who are these scary, unfriendly people? Could you smile and it would warm up the room, the meeting? 

I know I may be dreaming, but I'm not the only one.... 




Comments

Popular Posts