Depression and Just feeling the 'Blah's'

This is a happy day, even tho I may not FEEL happy. My emotions are not 'truth' but may have some truth in them. I am a Christian and this is my life.


Christians have a different world view, also a future and a hope.

So when we get depressed we often feel like its 'a bad thing'. Well, we can say that, or say, 'this too shall pass'. 
I know to cast ALL my cares on God...
Be thankful in ALL things...
Trust the Lord with ALL my heart...

 (^ Bible verses that give me hope)
I just don't have any idea what I am to do. DO. What am I to DO?

Work? Not my favorite thing (meaning I give my time for $$)
Serve? Good for filling time
School? Learning more is good for the heart and brain.
Follow your dreams? What are your dreams? Are they 'good, pleasing to God, healthy'?

I have dreams that I feel are in a 'dream world' away from reality. I also know I may be depressed. 

I laugh, sing, praise God a lot of a day, but I feel 'BLAH'. Yet, I really think my mind and heart are being healed and being alone is a good healing place. So please don't avoid me, but allow me to be in my own space. I need friendship, and maybe an invitation to a 'coffee' or a movie. 

I don't always like being alone, but I accept it as a 'place of rest'. 

Why do I write all of this? To say, that I am growing, changing, learning, forgiving and healing. 

I have hurt many, and some have forgiven me and some keep hurting me. I am learning how to balance all the issues that hurt me or put a screen up for my protection. 

I don't think it pleases God to allow myself to be in a toxic relationship. Once I realize that I am, it's up to me to lovingly state the boundaries and put a screen up. If needed a door, and if needed a wall. I hope that isn't necessary. 

For now, I am allowing God to redo my mind and heal it. It is not an overnight process, it takes time, prayer, rest, and Truth. 

God is my friend.
He is with me.
He is IN me.
God cares about me. 
God says I am beautiful and complete in Jesus. 

I know what others have said in the dark and to my face, but I am choosing to agree with God. 
I am ok. 
I am loved. 
I am free in Jesus. 
I look for fun and joy, but in a healthy way. Not partying, not being promiscuous, not being wild - too much.  Just being the best version of me, today. In ten years I hope to be a better version too. 

I am more healthy now than I was 10-20 years ago. Those I hurt, I can only hope they try to see my issues, my pain, my life as God does.  I am not finished, but I am loved. 

Happy Hanukkah
Merry Christmas
Joy to the World
the Lord HAS COME. 

Shalom, from Tracey on this Hanukkah night. 

Comments

Popular Posts