How pottery helped me learn about life's troubles and overcoming.












Have you heard about my being a potter? I am a new potter washed in the clay of the earth! (also washed in the Blood of the Lamb). I am loving the spiritual applications in pottery and many life stories I have heard from other potters. 

Have you found your passion? Have you ever played in the mud, been an artist, or made music, danced, or written poetry? I hope you have found what is therapeutic for your heart?


The clay is part of the earth, it comes in different colors, just like each one of us. 


The clay is made of elements that help the potter build different types of vessels, like each of us, is a different shape and made for God's purpose and to show His love.

The clay is turned, stretched, build, broken down, and then when it's 'finished' it's fired, like in our lives.

After this stage, it's decorated and then fired at a higher heat. WE need this, to firm us up, for times of stress, like now. These days are full of hidden trouble, but we know who is going to win in the end!


You do not want a stress fracture or a crack in your life. Nor does God. He is working for your good, and yes, it can be a painful process if you 'fight' the fire, instead of trying to find peace in the process.


This is all part of God's plan for us...heat, and higher heat. To push our impurities out so we can learn to love God and trust God, trusting Him during the process and for the excellent result. 


Beginning with the foundation of our minds, no matter who was around us saying, "you are not beautiful, you are just a pile of dirt', 'you are not going to amount to anything', 'you came from dirt'...   They LIE. It is a LIE. 


Understand this. God speaks volumes of blessing and love to you. Our part is to read the Bible, the Holy word of God. It is ordained by Him, all of it. 


2 Tim 3:16

All Scripture is given by God. And all Scripture is useful for teaching and for showing people what is wrong in their lives. It is useful for correcting faults and teaching the right way to live.

You are beautiful, created by God, loved by Him and no matter how you were conceived, YOU are loved and wanted. Some parents were used by God to get you here, the rest is His work. Can you Trust Him? 


I hope you can trust Him, daily. Moment by moment. 


We can walk away from old things. Even if the 'thing' happened one second ago, you can walk away, you are brave enough. God helps us in our weaknesses, you can do what is best for you. When you are weak, He is strong.


2 Corinthians 12:10

That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Romans 8:2

And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.


I realize you may not know Him, you may have been told lies all your life about who God is and His place in our life. I just hope you can find encouragement in His word, and my encouragement brings hope. 

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John all were around at the time of Jesus and told the same story from a different perspective. Jesus is God and Jesus died for us all AND Jesus being God rose from the dead. Death could not hold Him in the grave, because God is stronger than death. Why did this happen? So you could know Him and have a Heavenly Father, a loving, kind, perfect, comforting, caring, likable, faithful, protective Father!

No other 'belief' has this as its basis and the proof of history to confirm it. 
500 people saw Jesus after he had risen from the dead. 
History attests' to people dying for their belief that Jesus is alive. That's a strong belief. 

This is Gods story. History. His Story. Not a man, or woman with 'ideas', this is God's story of love. Eternal love and eternal life all from God his son Jesus who is God and then sent the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit reveals Jesus to us, this is my prayer for you. We can believe Jesus is God, but not live like it. If we do not live in freedom, this is evidence we need the Holy Spirit to fill us with the 'dunamis' power of God. Power like dynamite for this life and so the Holy Spirit can be living inside of us, revealing more of God's plan and purpose. Yes, God has a purpose for you!!

Hebrews 13:6
So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; What can man do to me?” 

Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” 

It's the one thing I have today. Faith. Because over the last 2020 or so years, people have lived and died for Christ. I would do that too if called to do so.


No matter what stress you hear, see, feel you can live in Peace. Jesus is the peace of God, Jehovah Shalom.


Is 9:6

"For to us a child is born, to us, a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."



I will end this here, hoping you will ponder the Truth of God's word and knowing our freedom comes from His words. 


We all can believe what God says, but many do not choose to believe and then also obey.  


I know the Corona Virus is causing many to be afraid, and fearful of losing their jobs and schools closing. I pray and hope you find peace in God. Nothing can take peace away. I can't say what the future will hold, but I know that the 'heat' of life is to make me a better person, not a bitter one. 


I hope you find your place of peace in God's words, and comfort in His promises. 



God's promises are yeah and amen. They are true and trustworthy. Just like Him. 






Let me know what you think about trials. How do you deal with them?




Comments

Popular Posts